Executive Director, Burke County, NC
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR -- Burke County United Way seeks a strong leader to engage the community in achieving improvement in the wellbeing of its citizens through support of the human services agencies. The Executive Director is the leader of the organization, establishing the commitment to deeply listen to the community, bring critical issues to the forefront and make a meaningful difference through our values of Honesty, Transparency, Authenticity and Equity.
OVERVIEW -- The Executive Director serves as the principal resource to the Board of Directors and its key committees and gives strong direction in policy formulation and interpretation. They partner with the Board of Directors and the BCUW staff to craft organizational goals and develops strategies to ensure that they are achieved. They ensure coordination and alignment of all BCUW activities to strategic direction in the areas of community impact, resource development, and staff alignment.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall impact of BCUW in the community. The Executive Director works closely with the Board of Directors to develop and adapt the BCUW Vision 2020 strategy to achieve this impact. They will establish and build relationships with leaders in the community, including those representing the highest levels in business, government and non-profit sectors.
The Executive Director is accountable for building and leading high-performing teams, ensuring all teams are aligned and collaborating to achieve organizational results through strategic communications, long-term viability and focused impact. They will maintain accountability for the operational and fiscal integrity of the organization within policies set by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director assesses organizational capacity to implement strategies and identify gaps in systems and staffing; directly supervises all staff and establishes individual goals; works with the Manager of Operations to manage organizational spending, monitor budget compliance, and mitigate financial risks; and ensures the BCUW goals of inclusiveness and diversity among staff and volunteers are met.
EXPERIENCE POSITION / REQUIREMENTS -- Five to 10 years of experience working in the nonprofit sector (United Way experience is desirable) and interacting with volunteers and diverse boards. Alternately, extensive experience in the leadership and management of organizations of comparable size and mission.
- Ability to command the confidence and respect of stakeholders.
- Experience in or across multiple sectors, including nonprofit, public and corporate environments.
- Experience in developing partnerships, building teams and conflict management.
- Experience in building revenue and increasing philanthropic support.
- Ability to convey a vision of the organization’s strategic future to staff, volunteers, and investors.
- Solid hands-on budget management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an accredited college or university.
- Computer skills, including MS Office.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to attend functions outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Financial and organizational management skills.
- Ability to develop and accomplish goals, build strategic partnerships, and proficiency in business software.
- Salary negotiable depending on experience and skills. Send resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Executive Search Committee, Burke County United Way, 121 West Union Street, Morganton, NC 28655.
Deadline for Applying
December 20th, 2018
How to Apply
Email Chastity Rice, at email@example.com, to inquire about this position.